Friday, February 26, 2010

Nicole's Deep Thoughts...

I have no idea why, but tonight I am in a bit of a thoughtful mood. Pretty deep thoughts have been popping up in my brain and I have been pondering them; so I thought I'd share.

If one does not believe in an "after-life" then what does one put their hope in? This one I know is a biggie, but really...if you think about it. It would be like saying (while you are in high school), "OH man, high school is IT - nothing could get ANY better than THIS - this is the best thing from here on out...." Now, ANYONE who has lived past high school knows that high school is NOT the best ever - YES, I had an amazing time - but if I just stopped there - that would suck.

So, people who don't believe in an "after-life" are saying, "Welp, this life is IT - NOTHING can get any better - this is the best thing from here on out...." When I think of that it makes me cock my head and get my "I don't get it" face on. If a person is walking around thinking that THIS is all there is....where is the heck is their hope? Would you even have hope of anything better? To think you just live this life and that is it....I respect their views totally - but in all actuality I don't get it.

I found myself in a state of bummer....but then a still small voice reminded me of what I have to look forward to.

I have to preface this by saying that I have been blessed the HECK out of my entire life. I mean beyond ANYTHING I deserve. I have a wonderful family, wonderful husband, healthy kids, I get to stay home with them, I have an amazing church and close friends who love me. I look to God and shake my head sometimes at all the blessings He give me....wow, wow, wow...I will take them humbly, God....thank you!

However, even with my blessed life I find my inner spirit with a great expectancy of something great to come. I have a sense that while this life is truly amazing, that (in my belief) HEAVEN will blow me away. I have a hope and expectancy ...

When I see DOWN RIGHT HIDEOUS things on TV about what people do to other people - I think "One day, there will be no more murder, pain, agony, abandonment, destruction, rape, and all the other things I can't even bring myself to type right now..."

How in the heck do people who don't believe in heaven get by? I don't get it....
It breaks my heart for them. I don't get angry or frustrated. My heart literally breaks for them. Hopelessness breaks my heart....

If you open your heart - an inner spirit will long for what this song talks about....we were all made for it...

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I often feel the same way... so sad to think about the mind of a person without the greatest Hope of all!

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete