So I am thinking back through the many, many years of my life. Ok, so 30 BIG ONES and I guess that is what you are suppose to do at this point in your life. Take a look back at what you have "done" or "accomplished' and maybe even measure your life's worth on the success or failure of them.
I am not falling into that. I am not falling into a place where I measure my good verses my bad and then either TRY HARDER or CELEBRATE myself. Here is my outlook plain and simple:
The life I have lived, I have lived the best I knew how at the time. I loved hard, lost much, gained much more, celebrated, suffered, romanced, loved, hated, despised - I have felt every emotion known to man - have had friends come and go and stay - been lonely and ready to be alone - to simplify that - I have lived my first 30 years BIG.
That being said I do have to call attention to ONE attribute of my last 30 years that has been a repeated occurrence...my flightiness.
This manifests itself in so many ways but the one I have had the brain on recently is that I LOVE LOVE to start something and hardly ever finish.
Point made by my unfinished kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
humm....kids...I won't give up on YOU though ;)
I have just noticed that I am not a "strong finisher" and I would like to work on that one in these next 30. I am usually the one FIRST out of the gate. You will definitely want to follow me as I talk BIG about whatever plan I have and I will make it sound like the best thing you will ever experience. I even want to follow ME when I get excited about something....then...shoot...I get flighty. Another BIG thing comes up and there I go up and leaving a perfectly great "thing" in the dust and launching myself headlong into yet another great "thing." Crap - and even as I type this many - MANY instances are popping into my head where this was the case.
So here I go with STOPPING THE FLIGHTINESS thing - which I HOPE is not a great "thing" I leave in the dust.
When I start something I WILL finish it, darn it. I am determined to not let these next 30 be marked with this and by the grace of GOD it won't.
In honor of THIS day my plan is as follows: (these HAVE to be accomplished in the next WEEK)
1. FINISH PAINTING MY CABINETS
2. FINISH PAINTING MY BEDROOM
3. FINISH THE CHRISTMAS STOCKING I WAS SEWING FOR ELIJAH FOR HIS FIRST CHRISTMAS!!!
4. PUT THE FINISHING SHELF UP IN THE DINING ROOM
There, I have said these things out loud and typed them. I see them in print...I WILL prevail in finishing these tasks.
Dang - and I am just knocked upside the head with an amazing reassurance right from Jesus - THANK GOD in the HEAVEN that He doesn't have the record I do for stopping something GREAT and not finishing it....look here!!!!
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Phil 1:6
Gosh TRUTH lands sweetly on the heart...:)
Keep on it. I recieved this very same encouragement this week...
ReplyDeleteFOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE PASSIONS AND GOOD IDEAS!
I think we both can do it when Jesus has us covered!
Sara
Love, love,love this Nicole!! I love the peek into your heart and personality...and so love you so much more!! What a treasure you are!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tracy 410bry
You're not "flighty" in our marriage - and I love you for it (: we'll finish strong baby!
ReplyDeleteWhen you get one of these items done you should blog about it. That way you can show off your handy work and get some accountability from your followers.
ReplyDeleteGREAT idea Amy - I think I will do just that!! Pictures to come!!
ReplyDelete