This past few weeks have been so very crazy, stressful, confusing - you name it. I probably should fill you in a little, huh? The first thing is that this crazy ice storm has held my hubby captive for the past week - I know, I know - I am being so selfish seeing as many STILL don't have power, the Red Cross has handed out tainted peanut butter rations and there are people going around posing as National Guardsmen trying to steal stuff - so in total reality I am fine. I just miss my husband...and the HELP he gives me when the two sweet, adorable, wonderful children we have.
Now, let me tell you - I have LOVED winter all my life. I LOVE the snow, being held up romantically inside the house sipping warm coffee with a book or magazine or watching TV all day long then maybe soaking in a warm bath - all those wonderful "winter" things you do - I have come to HATE winter being a mom. I DREAM of spring and having the kids outside running, laughing, playing - ANYTHING other than being locked inside this house, taking toys away from each other, crying, fussing - blah! NOW I know, some crafty wonderful moms out there would have this thing called a "rainy day bag" or "winter wonder bag" - not me. I probably should think of new and exciting things for these children to do - but all I can seem to think is - when is nap time?!?! Oh well - I am not complaining since I do get to stay at home with my darlings - but SPRING HURRY THE HECK UP, WILL YA??
That being said - we are also in a church transition. I mentioned it a bit in the last post - but I am now at a crossroads. I need to have a sit down with the many committees I am on and let them know that we are in a hold pattern. I hate confrontation. I hate disappointing. I hate - really anything other than upbeat, happy talk. Blah - being a grown up I guess - part of the territory. Anywho - that is that.
We are also in the market for a van. After having the second baby I soon realized that a Chevy Equinox is NOT BIG ENOUGH! I am going to - DARE I SAY IT LADIES (and gentlemen) GET A VAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!? What?!??! A van? Will I then become the "soccer mom"? Will I have to invest in "mom jeans" (sorry Jess)? Arg - oh well - at least I will have space for my double stroller AND groceries in the back and if I REALLY lucky will have one of those DVD players in the back....ummm....so then I can load the kids up on those cabin fever days and if anything else drive around watching DVDs!
I also think I am slowly loosing brain matter. I think my brain is literally seeping out of my head every time I have to read a book for the 100 millionth time, or tell my dear sweet 2 year old he needs to go "peepee in the potty like a big boy" for the billionth time - I have actually caught myself wondering if I could read the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, or even the LOCAL paper without having a dictionary sitting nearby. Sometimes I just stair off into space and wonder what life is like on the "outside." Now, AGAIN - I say this to let a little steam off - I am NOT complaining by any means. I would NEVER give this up for the world and just the thought of leaving my babies for an extended period of time (even though it would probably be good for all of us) sends tears to my eyes.....I just am excited to get "out there" one day - who knows....maybe I WILL pick up the Wall Street Journal and really understand why Ginsburg plans to return to court, or why Peggy says we need to "brace ourselves." Until then I will skim the headlines looking for car seat recalls, peanut butter scares and maybe, just MAYBE a juicy tid-bit on some hot celebrity.
Well, enough therapy for one day. Don't want to over do it in one session - don't worry there is more of this lovely banter inside this stay at home mom.
I have the same struggles, dear friend! I am so glad that I'm not the only one. :) It is so refreshing that you write blogs in your "real" voice, and it makes me miss you all the more.
ReplyDeleteI feel like my brain is seeping out, too. Lately I've gone back to my favorite hobbies and am trying to make "me" time after the kids get to sleep. It's helping, but I often just want to prop up with my coffee and chill out.
Love and miss you TONS!
Erin
Oh I miss you too woman!!! It REALLY helps to get all this out - just the way you do on myspace - which I must say has inspired me to write this blog! :)
ReplyDeleteTake heart.....you'll grow to love your van like I do! It's totally not what I expected to happen, but it makes life so much easier, I can't help it. Hang in there, spring is coming. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is why I miss you soooooooo much. I miss your banter. I can relate so much girl, and I only have one! I was feeling like my days were the exact same and there was no substance to my life. Luckily I still have my mom and dad close by!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom and I know that those kids love you more than anything and so does your wonderful husband!!! You are an inspiration to me! I love you and I hope we can reconect sometime soon. Ashley